All you wanted to know about L-1 visas but didn't know to ask
Purpose of L-1 Visas
These visas are iter-company transfer visas. These visas allow comanies to move workers from foreign locations to American locations for up to seven years.
- Workers must be executives, managers, or possess specialized skills or knowledge.
- Employers apply for the visas, and can withdraw the visas at any time.
- Employers can submit blanket applications that can apply to multiple individuals.
- There are no requirements about paying the prevailing wage, hiring Americans, or any other worker protections.
- There are no limits on the number of L-1 visas available per year.